"Went to the porch to have a thought, got to the door and again I couldn't stop...I guess it's not surprising but it's spring and I should leave." --Modest Mouse
I have been back in the Twin Cities for 2 1/2 months now, a place that I love and very much wanted to be, and after just this brief time I am somehow thinking of everywhere else I could be. Suddenly I have ideas of moving to New York or Boston, Seattle or Portland, even LA (LA? Really? Why?) Should I join Peace Corps? Move to Africa--once I'm there it would be pretty cheap...London? Impossible Visa laws...back to Asheville? That is the most logical option. I know I love it, I love my people there, but I left because of the less than ideal job situation the first time.
Why not stay in Minneapolis? Fantastic question. And it happens to be one I cannot answer.
Is this a disease? Nomaditis? Am I just unsettled and restless, searching endlessly for something impossible to find? Or am I by nature an adventurous person with an innate need for change and new experiences?
What causes a person to be addicted to travel? Are we the lost ones? Or are we the ones who truly understand what life should be about?
"Am I or the others crazy?" --Albert Einstein
Hey I am right there with you...most people look at my resume and ask why I have moved so much. I don't think it is a negative thing I mean some people value stability and some of us lucky ones value the adventure and new places more. I have loved most of my jobs and the people I have met but something makes me itch to move/change locations. Even here back in Idaho with a job, I dream of my next adventure and the next city. Maybe in another life we were the people who explored the "new worlds" and hungered for more! We usually have the best stories too! Hang in there friend!
ReplyDelete